You write clean code and care about its quality.
Self-education is your primary personal strength.
You want to keep up with the latest technology.
Then we are happy to bring you aboard!
Ruby Cluster is a small team, crafting useful web apps, helping small business and startups.
With the technology of bleeding edge, we deliver business value for our clients. Worldwide.
Our workflow is tuned. We use source control (git), we make daily builds, we track features/bugs (in trello),
we fix bugs before writing new code, we write specs before development, we use best tools, we have testers,
we run usability testing, we meet daily on stand-ups, we over communicate issues, we keep improving ourselves.
Our teammates use
- Vanilla JS, CoffeeScript, ES6
- jQuery, Underscore.js
- Backbone.js, Marionette.js
- Responsive design
- Bootstrap, Semantic UI, Foundation
- html5, css3, haml, sass, less, styl
- TDD, BDD
We follow industry best practices
- DRY, KISS, GIYF
- Simple, Modular, Decoupled, Events-driven code
- Functional programming and Prototyping inheritance
- git flow (branches, pull requests, merge and rebase)
- Code quality guides, running code linters
- CI servers, automated deployments
- Agile, Scrum, Trello
- Stand-ups, Pair Programming
Your overall experience
- 5+ years of hacking in web development
- 2+ years of stashing in GIT (pull-requests, git flow)
- 1+ years of building on Marionette.js or pure Backbone.js
Nice to have experience
- ECMAScript 6
- Handlebars, Jade, Dust, HAML.coffee
- Node.js, Express.js
- Require.js, AMD, UMD, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack
- Material Design, Semantic UI
- TDD, BDD, Gherkin
- Sinon.js, Chai.js, Mocha.js, Protractor.js
- Ruby on Rails
- Plugins building experience: jQuery, Backbone.js, Angular.js
- Successful projects
Additional bonus if
- You are writing about technical stuff in your personal blog
- You are maintaining popular open source library
- You are an active contributor on StackOverflow
- Reliable and responsible person
- English: good verbal and writing skills
- Good team player
- Team workflow follower
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team
- Constant self-improvement
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of humor
- Build new applications as a member of the team
- Develop new features and fixing bugs for current applications
- Focus on best practices and company standards guide
- Be available and communicate frequently with the team
- Develop application front-end and stunning UI/UX
- Writing clean modular DRY code
- Follow code review comments
- Be able to accept positive criticism for the written code
- Meet project requirements and deadlines
- Help to resolve clients’ issues
- Engage actively in team and personal education programs
What we offer
- Long terms working relationship
- Part-time to full-time workload
- Interesting projects and problems
- Usage of technologies on cutting edge
- Opportunity to level up your skills
- Support of highly skilled team members
- Compensation based on experience
We prefer working with the best developers worldwide with good verbal and written English communication skills.
How to apply
- Provide a link to your github account.
- Provide a link to a code (or project) written by you for open source, which you proud most of all.
- Provide a url to your most successful project and tell about your accomplishments in this project.
- Provide your personal contact information (full name, email, skype, linkedin profile).
- Tell us about your passion for technology and software engineering.
- Tell why you are the person whom we should get aboard without a doubt.
- Provide your availability (hours per week, days per week).
PS. No companies or agencies please, only real candidates.